CICS-MD at the JPSS Meeting this Week
August 18, 2017 07:14 AM
Joint Polar Satellite System Program
The STAR JPSS Annual Science Meeting is being held this week, August 14–18, at NCWCP. Many of the speakers are from CICS-MD:
· Xi Shao on VIIRS radiometric performance improvements in operations (Monday, 4:40 pm to 5:00 pm, Auditorium)
· Hu (Tiger) Yang on Suomi NPP ATMS Status and J1 ATMS Cal/Val Readiness (Tuesday, 9:00 am to 9:15 am, Auditorium)
· Xiaolei Zou on ATMS Surface Channels' Striping Noise Mitigation (Tuesday, 9:45 am to 10:00 am, Auditorium)
· Yong Chen on CrIS SDR Overview (Tuesday, 11:00 am to 11:15 am, Auditorium)
· Likun Wang on Improving Data Quality and Utilization of JPSS CrIS Using VIIRS (Tuesday, 12:00 pm to 12:15 pm, Auditorium)
· Chunhui Pan on NOAA Calibration Plans for J1 (Tuesday, 2:00 pm to 2:15 pm, Auditorium)
· Chris Grassotti on MiRS: Recent Validation, Future Enhancements, and Plans for J1 ATMS (Wednesday, 1:15 pm to 1:35 pm, Auditorium)
· Patrick Meyers on Precipitation EDR (Wednesday, 4:00 pm to 4:15 pm, Auditorium)
· Xiaozhen Xiong on Recent Improvements in NUCAPS CH4 retrievals using CrIS FSR data (Thursday, 11:40 am to 12:00 pm, Auditorium)
· Andy Harris on STAR Update: Geo-Polar Blended (Thursday, 1:00 pm to 1:20 pm, NCWCP Conference Center)
· Youhua Tang on Full-chemistry Vog Forecasting over Hawaii (Thursday, 2:30 pm to 2:50 pm, Auditorium)
· Eric Vermote on Surface Reflectance (Thursday, 9:15 pm to 9:35 pm, ESSIC 4102)
· Jingfeng Huang on From IDPS to EPS: The Entangling Snow Screening and the VIIRS Smog AOD Retrievals (Thursday, 11:10 pm to 11:30 pm, NCWCP Room 2554-55)
· Daniel Tong on A New Dust Classification Method for IMPROVE Dataset for Validation of VIIRS Dust Detection (Thursday, 11:30 pm to 11:50 pm, NCWCP Room 2554-55)
· Zhanqing Li (KEYNOTE SPEAKER) on Use of Multiple Satellite Products in Assessing NOAA Current and Future Global Forecast Models (Friday, 8:45 am to 9:00 am, Auditorium).
· Ralph Ferraro on Overview of Blended Products (Friday, 9:45 am to 10:00 am, Auditorium).
There will also be posters from CICS-MD Scientists Bin Zhang, Evan Ellicott, Jun Dong, Dongdong Wang, Yan Bai, Yalei You, Yuling Liu, Isaac Moradi, Hu Yang, Manik Bali, Zhuo Wang and Xi Shao, as well as CICS-MD intern Carlos Perez Diaz. The poster session will be here at ESSIC on Tuesday at 5:00 pm in the 3rd Floor Lounge. There will also be a demo of our Proving Ground Training Center.
Mark your agenda so you won’t miss these presentations.